Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pub McCarold's

 
This is a pulled pork poutine.

Hello!
 
Okay, so I know it doesn't look so appetizing, but trust me. This is awesome. Most of you probably don't know what a poutine is to start with, so I'll explain! Poutine is a dish that originated in Quebec and is still served almost only there. It consists of fries, brown gravy, and cheese curds. That's the base, but people add all sorts of things. Three popular variations include with smoke meat or bolognese sauce. Another one is the 'Galvaude', with peas and chicken.
 
The one in the picture above is from Pub McCarold's. It's a pub close to my place and I absolutely love it. We go there often for relatively cheap but amazing food! Over the past year, more or less, I've developed an obsession for pulled pork. This poutine is partly where it stemmed from, since the first time I tried it, it was only the second time I was tasting pulled pork.
 
Anyway, where am I going with this? In short, what I wanted to tell is... I love eating out! After writing, it's my biggest hobby. An expensive hobby, alas, but completely worth it. You can expect several of my posts to be about the various restaurants that I eat to in Montreal. Who knows, maybe it'll make you want to come over here and try them for yourself. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment