Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 20, 2013

One Day at a Time

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or any of its characters and make no money from this.

Day Thirty-Nine: For What's to Come

Kakashi was almost asleep when the small body snuggled against his shifted, slender fingers belonging to no other than Sakura tracing the line of his jaw as her pretty green eyes observed the features of his face attentively. The jonin chuckled, absent-mindedly wondering how it could have taken her so long to be interested by his uncovered face. The older ninja would have expected inquiries about the revealed skin the first day, not a month later.

"You're so handsome. It's almost surprising." Sakura's low voice mumbled, digits still busy with exploring his face.

"Surprising?" His baritone voice repeated, curiosity piqued.

"Yeah. Anyone would think that you're hiding something hideous by being so adamant on never removing your mask." His friend explained before her nose nuzzled his cheek affectionately, her warm breath fanning against his skin.

"I like a good mystery." Was all that answered, sensing the upcoming question.

"Why do you wear that infernal mask, then?" No surprise there. He considered sharing the truth with his female companion for a second, thoug he quickly opted for messing with her instead.

"I just answered that." The Copy Nin teased, his arms wrapping around her to draw her closer to him.

His body turned so he could lay on his side, facing her. His mismatched eyes roamed over the features of his friend, enjoying every little detail of it fromt he soft curve of her cheek to the sharp line of her eyesbrows, without missing the small swell of her cute nose.

"I want the truth." She ordered before pinching his arm, making wince at the slight discomfort.

"Then tell me why you had sex with me." His quick reply visibly surprised the woman before him, her eyes had widened ever so slightly and the frustrated frown smoothed away to fake calmness.

"Because I wanted to." She threw back almost as fast, obviously trying to skip the subject.

"Then why did you want to?" He questioned, refusing to drop it so easily if he could pry an answer from her with a little persistance.

"I answered that a little earlier." She retorted, a small smirk on her lips. He returned it, nonetheless slightly irke that she used his own tactic against him.

"Fine. I'll tell you." The older of the two said, giving up and almost chuckling at the victorious expression that lit up her face. "I have a tick. When I think about something intensely, I mouth what I'm saying in my head."

It was entierly true. It was a habit he'd picked up in his youngest years and had never been able to detach himself from. Wearing the thick mask covered the subtle movement of his lips, hiding his thoughts effectively from any enemy who could read them.

"No way." Her voice said, emerald eyes glaring at him. "I don't believe you."

"It's the truth. I swear." The young woman eyed him suspiciously until she seemed to come to the conclusion that he was being honest.

"I can't believe it." The girl blurted out, staring at him in disbelief.

"So, how about you answer my question now?" The jonin demanded as he pressed his forehead to the pinkette's as he gaze into her eyes, trapping her against him.

"No." Her answer was too simple, but Kakashi's friend made it crystal clear that she wouldn't say a word more, as proved by the silence that followed, unbroken by all his tries to make her utter a word by tickling or bribing her.


Chapter Forty: Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment